Contact of Embassies in Hungary (information about the entry visas)
Royal Saudi Embassy in Budapest - Hungary
- Address: 1016 Budapest, Bérc u. 16.
- Phone: +36/1-436-9500, +36/1-436-9501
- Fax: +36/1-453-3554
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman (accredited from Vienna)
- Address: Wahriger Strasse 2-4/24-25, 1090 Vienna
- Phone: +43/1-319-4173; +43/1-310-8644; +43/1-310-8643
- Fax: +43/1-310-7268
- E-mail: email@example.com
Embassy of the Republic of Yemen
- Address: 1026 Budapest, Bimbó út 179/A.
- Phone: +36/1-212-3991; +36/1-325-5133
- Fax: +36/1-212-3883
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consular Section contact information:
- Address: Ahmad At Tunisi Str. 23., Al-Waha district, Riyadh – 12444 - see the map under "Contacts"
- Coordinates: N 24,733612 - E 46,692363
- E-mail: email@example.com (English, Hungarian) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Arabic, English)
- Phone: +966/(11)-454-6707 (currently not working)
- Fax: +966/(11)-456-0834
- Working hours: Tuesday/Thursday between 10:00am and 2:00pm on appointment booked via email@example.com
IMPORTANT! NEW PAYMENT METHOD!
Payments for consular services are only available by deposit to the bank account.
The Consulate is closed on Hungarian and Saudi public holidays.
I. Visa services
Saudi, Bahraini, Omani and Yemeni nationals, as well as third country nationals legally residing in these countries and in case of their country of origin has no visa waiver agreement with Hungary are required to apply for a Visa to Hungary.
We kindly inform all visitors that on the basis of bilateral agreements, the Hungarian Consular Section in Riyadh issues short term “C”-type Schengen visa in representation for citizens residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia also to Lithuania and Slovakia.
1.) “C”-type, short term (less than 90 days) Schengen visa applications
Schengen visa information
Schengen States issue uniform visas for short stay visit not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period. The Schengen visa may be issued for a single entry (as a rule for the 1st time visitors of the Schengen area), for two entries, or as a multiple entry visa in case the applicant proves the need or justifies the intention to travel frequently as well as proves his/her integrity and reliability, in particular the lawful use of previous Schengen visas, etc. (as per Schengen Visa Code, Article 24).
If your travel destination is only Hungary, or – in case of a Saudi resident - Lithuania or Slovakia -, the Hungarian Embassy in Riyadh will deal with your application. If your travel destination includes more than one Schengen Member State, your application must be dealt by the Embassy/Consulate of your main destination. The following criteria may help you to decide whether you should submit your visa application with the Hungarian Visa Application Centre.
- Hungary, or - in case of a Saudi resident - Lithuania or Slovakia is the sole destination of your visit(s);
- Your visit to Schengen States includes more than one destination and Hungary or - in case a Saudi resident - Lithuania or Slovakia - is the main destination of the visit(s) in terms of the length or purpose of stay;
- If you cannot determine which is your main destination, but Hungary or Lithuania or Slovakia is the first Schengen State you wish to enter.
Please note that the Embassy of Hungary in Riyadh issues visas only for residents - or for applicants legally residing - in its territory of its responsibility, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kingdom of Bahrain, Sultanate of Oman and the Republic of Yemen.
Submission of the Schengen visa application
VFS Global–Etimad Hungary Joint Visa Center in Riyadh, in Jeddah, and in Al-Khobar, or in specific cases - after prior consultation - at the Consular Section of the Embassy.
The issuance of visas in Yemen is suspended for indefinite period due to the security conditions in Yemen.
The applicants are kindly asked to present their "C" -type Schengen visa applications for Hungary in Saudi-Arabia, or in case of difficulties with the entry to KSA, the applications can be submitted at the Consular Sections of any Hungarian Embassies in the region (Kuwait City, Abu Dhabi, or Amman), or at the Hungarian Embassy in Cairo.
For further information about the “C” type Schengen Visas and the visa procedure, please read more detailed material in our website on the “Related pages” bar.
2.) “D” type, long term (planned stay exceeds 90 days, e.g. studies), “national” residence permit visa applications
Working hours for submitting the application (personal presence is requested): Tuesday/Thursday from 10:00am to 2:00pm at the Consular Section of the Hungarian Embassy in Riyadh.
- Download also appendix 2 if the purpose is family reunification.
- Download also appendix 6 if the purpose is official.
- Download also appendix 9 if the purpose is visit + the invitation letter.
- Download also appendix 10 if the purpose is employment.
- Download also appendix 14 if you are looking to conduct studies in Hungary (Stipendium Hungaricum!).
- Download also appendix 16 if the purpose is "other".
- Download this form in case of the residence permit card needs to be replaced.
For more information on other long-term visa types, requirements and appendix it is kindly asked to consult the site of the Office of Immigration and Nationality.
3.) Submitting an appeal
Working hours for submission an appeal (personal presence is required) : Tuesday/Thursday from 10:00am to 2:00pm at the Consular Section of the Hungarian Embassy in Riyadh.
II. General Consular Services
Please note that a prior appointment has to be booked for each consular affair by mail at any of these addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org (English, Hungarian) or email@example.com (Arabic, English), except
- Collection of passports
- Authentication or legalisation
- Collection of documents
Working hours for the clients (personal presence is requested): Tuesday/Thursday from 10:00am to 2:00pm at the Consular Section of the Hungarian Embassy in Riyadh.
- Registration of birth, marriage and death, voluntary acknowledgement of paternity
- Hungarian citizenship (naturalization, simplified naturalization, citizenship verification)
- Authentication, legalisation
- We inform our visitors that the Apostille Certificate issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Sultanate of Oman replaces the legalisation of the Omani documents.
- Obtain documents from Hungary (Birth Certificate, Police Clearence Certificate, Certificate on family status)
- Declaration of stay abroad
For detailed information about the General Consular Cases and the documents to be submitted please consult the Consular Services website.
III. Honorary Consuls of Hungary
Kingdom of Bahrain
Mr. Balázs Garamvölgyi
- Address: Lari Park 2 Villa 28 Garden 131 Road 20, Block 522, Barbar, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Phone: +973/1779-2470
- Mobile: +973/3333-9083
- E-mail: balazs [at] garamvolgyi.com and balazs [at] hungarianconsulatebahrain.org
The Honorary Consul is not authorized for issuing travel documents and visas, nor for acting as notary and civil registrar. Their activity is mainly confined to safeguard the interest of Hungarian citizens, to provide consular information, and to enhance cultural and economic relations.