Necessary documents for C Visa:
1. Valid national passport:
Issued within the last 10 years and with at least 3 months validity after the scheduled return, with at least two blank pages. If the passport does not state the place of birth, a copy of ID card or a birth certificate must be submitted.
2. Visa application form:
- Completed, signed twice by the applicant, if applicable, authorization of third person.
3. Two recent passport-sized photographs (ICAO standard) with a white background, not stapled. Full face, no head or face cover(s) that prevent(s) full visibility of the facial features.
4. Travel Medical Insurance:
Proof of travel medical insurance covering the entire period of intended stay, valid for all Schengen States and covering any expenses, which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention, emergency hospital treatment or death during the stay. The minimum coverage must be EUR 30’000.00.
5. Flight Ticket:
Copy of flight reservation/s including details of the itinerary and the flight reservation number.
6. Employment letter:
Original letter from employer/sponsor in Saudi Arabia stating employment status, position held, date of recruitment, length of contract and whether renewable or not, as well as salary, attested by the Chamber of Commerce. The letter must include the purpose of the visit and cost coverage guarantee, whether it is covered by the company or by the applicant. The letter from the sponsor must include the name and contact details (including mobile number) of the responsible person from the company.
If Self-employed: valid original trade license and one copy thereof with English translation.
7. Financial Means:
Bank statements for the last three months, including the current balance, or other verifiable evidence of sufficient means of subsistence during the intended stay, e.g. credit card copy.
For minors travelling without their parents/legal guardian: original authorization signed by their parents/legal guardian and copy of passport(s) of parents/legal guardian.
Depending on your visa type:
- Invitation letter from a company or an authority to attend a meeting, conference or confirmed registrations for trade fairs or congresses.
The invitation letter must state the exact period and duration of the event, and whether the company covers the costs for the applicant's stay or not.
If the applicant needs to travel regularly, that should be also mentioned.
- Hotel reservation covering the intended stay.
- Proof of accommodation during intended stay: hotel reservation or copy of a rental contract or proof of self-used property in the name of the applicant.
For private visits:
- Original invitation letter signed by the host covering the intended stay. The invitation letter from the host must include the contact details and a full reference address. A copy of the passport or Residence Card.
For School Trip/Summer Camps:
- Certificate of enrolment at an educational establishment in the Schengen Member State for the purposes of attending vocational or theoretical courses within the framework of basic and further training or student cards or certificates of the courses to be attended. The certificate of enrolment from the educational establishment must include the contact details and a full reference address.
For Medical Treatment
- A document issued by the medical institution in the Member State confirming that the applicant will receive medical care in that institution; the document should include the date(s) of the treatment, duration and cost.
- A recent medical report from a Saudi health or rehabilitation facility.
- Pre-payment or other proof of sufficient financial means to cover the medical treatment and related expenses, such as insurance coverage.
A proof of who covers the costs, if covered by a third party.
Diplomatic and other Official Government Missions
- Verbal Note from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia stating also the purpose of the visit.
Additional requirements for: Non – Saudi Nationals:
1. Iqama valid for at least three months after the planned date of return, and one copy thereof.
2. Saudi Arabian re-entry visa valid beyond the intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen States and 1 copy thereof.
3. Bank statements (showing the regular monthly income/salary) for the past six months.
4. Private/domestic staff:
- A letter from the sponsor and a copy of the job contract - Copy of the sponsors’ passport and Schengen visa.
5. Questionnaire duly filled in English and signed.
About C visa applications please contact one of the VFS Global Visa Application Centre:
VFS Global–Etimad Hungary Joint Visa Center in Riyadh, in Jeddah, and in Al-Khobar, or in specific cases - after prior consultation - at the Consular Section of the Embassy.
Visa representation - Slovakia, Lithuania
Travelling to Slovakia
The most updated information on Covid19 protocols for persons arriving in Slovakia can be found here: https://www.minv.sk/?entry-of-foreigners-into-the-territory-of-the-slovak-republic-during-an-emergency-situation
Travelling to Lithuania
The state of national emergency due to the threat of the spread of COVID-19 is declared in the Republic of Lithuania. During the national emergency special rules are applicable, limiting the entry to the Republic of Lithuania of foreign nationals. It is strongly advised for all travelers to make sure that they comply with the entry requirements and are aware of testing and isolation exemptions before travel. All relevant information is provided on the website of the National Public Health Center under the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Lithuania: FOR ARRIVALS FROM ABROAD | National Public Health Center under the Ministry of Health (lrv.lt).
How to read the visa sticker
The Schengen visa has the form of a sticker in your passport. Please check carefully all the data in the sticker.
Validity period of the visa (“FROM … TO” heading on the visa sticker): This heading indicates the period during which the holder may make the visit authorised by the visa (including entry, stay and departure). The visit must be made between the start and end dates given in this heading and it must not exceed the number of days entered under the “Duration of visit” heading.
Duration of visit (“DURATION OF VISIT…DAYS” heading on the visa sticker): This heading indicates the number of days during which the holder may stay in the territory for which the visa is valid (Schengen area/Hungary). The duration of visit is counted from the date of entry in the territory. The authorised duration of visit may be shorter than the validity period of the visa. In the case of multiple-entry Schengen visas valid for more than 180 days, the authorised duration of each visit is 90 days in any 180-day period. Please note that it is the visa holder who is responsible for observing the rule and not exceeding the allowed 90 days of stay within any 180 days period. In case of multiple entries, the accumulated amount of days can be determined by the entry/exit stamps in the passport. A useful tool to calculate the amount of days in the Schengen area is the so-called Short-stay Visa Calculator.
Type of visa: A – airport transit visa, C – uniform Schengen visa (visits for not more than 90 days), D – long-stay visa (visits for more than 90 days)
Number of entries: This heading shows the number of times the visa holder may enter the Schengen area (the number of visits which may be spread over the entire period of validity of the visa).
Right of entry
The visa does not automatically entitle the holder to enter the Schengen area. When crossing the border, visa holders are required to prove that they meet the entry conditions, which in general means that they can be asked to justify the purpose and conditions of the intended stay and to prove that they have sufficient means of subsistence, both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to their country of origin.
C Visa Appeal Information
The C visa appeal fee is currently 622 SAR . https://rijad.mfa.gov.hu/eng/page/consular-fees
You have 8 days from the receipt of the decision to raise an appeal in writing and at the same time paying the appeal fee. Without paying the appeal fee the Embassy does not consider any emails as an appeal.
An appeal must be lodged within 8 days. Remark: if the last day of the deadline within which the appeal is to be lodged is not a working day, the appeal still can be lodged the on the next working day after. Competent authority with which an appeal may be lodged: Magyarország Nagykövetsége, Rijád . The appeal will be decided upon by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, within 15 days after its receipt.